California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Monday, August 31, 2015

San Juan is Great!!



 Hola!!

  This week was great! I've really been enjoying my time in this area with my companions! Both of them are great and I've never worked so hard in my life. Its funny to return to my greenie area now that I can speak Spanish! I can actually talk to people and understand them! Its great! 

The work in this area is really progressing! We set a goal for 3 baptisms during the month of September, and we are constantly praying to the Lord to help us achieve our goal. I know that if it's HIS will, we can do it. We already have 2 set baptisms, and we've picked up about 5 or 6 new investigators in the past 2 weeks! Its so great!

Being a Zone Leader is pretty weird.. I'm still the youngest in the Spanish zone, and everyone treats me like I know how to fix problems or something! hahah Its crazy! Good thing Elder Wilkerson really does know how to fix problems! Or else we'd be in a big mess. One thing I have liked though is how close I get to work with President Orgill! He is soo cool. You can just tell that he lives in a way that The Spirit is his constant companion. I love his advice, and he's a great leader.

We got to go to a meeting for all the zone leaders and the AP's, Which one of the ap's is Elder Corcus!! haha, and talk about questions we have and share miracle stories, basically it was a time for all the people who had been ZL's for a while to share what they've learned and help the people who were just made ZLs. 

One of the Elders name is Elder Fetuani. He got made a zone leader the same time I did, and he is from Tonga. During the meeting, he shared how he has been fasting 2 times a week for his whole mission so far, so that his Dad, that lives back in the Islands, will choose to get baptized. He has been out for a little more then a year now, and he said his dad still wasn't getting baptized and so he prayed to Heavenly Father, and he felt he needed to fast 3 times a week.. so he started to fast 3 times a week, and that week, He got a letter from his Dad, and it said he was getting baptized! He started crying and told us how grateful he was for the gospel and how he was excited to go and get sealed to his family when he gets back to Tonga. It was one of the purest testimonies I've ever heard. It strengthened my testimony to hear that from someone like this Elder, he really is a great example to me.

Also, I had a great Birthday! Thanks for the package! And the cookies! They were great! (we already ate them all hahah), they were so good. Well, thanks for everything! I hope you all have a great week this week!

Con muchisimo amor,

Elder Dallin Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment