California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Friday, August 7, 2015

A Willing Heart



 Hola!

This week was great! We've been teaching a lot, and finding new investigators and we set a baptismal date for Maria on the 9th, so that is exciting! Overall, life is exciting! I've realized the more you just accept the work that's given you, and do it with a willing heart, your fears, anxieties, and doubts just kind of fade away. Its kind of an interesting process that takes place, and you really cant finish the mission without it.

Also, we had a really good district meeting this week, I have to give a training every week as District Leader, and at first I was pretty stressed about it, but now I like giving a training every week.
It helps my studies to have a little bit more of a focus, and I learn a ton from it. This week, I asked my companion to give a training on Fasting and paying fast offerings! It was really, really cool. Fasting is so powerful, and paying fast offerings is such a blessing. I read the talk given in April by Pres. Eyring, It was so good. If you haven't read it, read it. And then, I gave a training on the talk called, "Not withstanding my weakness" by Neil A. Maxwell, and its about managing feelings of inadequacy, which I felt a lot of missionaries struggle with in the district and in the zone. It is a really good talk, and I also encourage you to read that one!

I've been thinking a lot this week about being Willing to serve, or just having a willing heart! I was reading about the life of President Packer in the latest edition of the ensign and it was so good. There was a little quote by him that said that he gave the Lord his Agency, that he was willing to go wherever the Lord wanted him to go, and that he didn't have to take anything from him because he gave it all to him. Everything he owned, and everything he was. I was thinking about that, and I realized, all the Lord needs is us to be willing to go where he wants us to go. He just needs a little willingness, a little trust, and He'll start building us up. A willingness to serve is also super important, to just be ready and willing to serve whenever you're called on is something I wish to be better at, and its something I'm working towards.
   
Well, overall, this week was good! Its great being a missionary!

And you are all in my prayers, and I love ya!

Con amor,

Elder Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment