California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Monday, August 17, 2015

Bikes. Transfers. Wut.

Hola!

This week was great! First of, I'm getting transferred tomorrow!! It was a complete surprise this time! I thought I was going to stay in this area for a while, but We got a call on Saturday night telling me to pack my stuff because I'm getting transferred. I don't have any idea where I'm going. President Orgill has been sending Spanish missionaries to English work lately, so the rumor is, is that I'm going to be going English work. So, I'm either headed back to San Clemente, or English work! I'm okay with either! I know I'm needed where ever the Lord sends me. This area has been really good! Elder Sorensen and I got along really well! And we saw lots of success and lots of miracles. It was a good two transfers here.

 Something else that happened this week, I went on an Exchange with Elder Halling, (who, after doing some family history work, turns out to be my 4th cousin) down in San Clemente. And They don't have a car, so they ride bikes. -___-  It was a crazy, crazy day. San Clemente isn't the kindest city to missionaries, All day we were getting yelled at, and cussed at from people in cars, and stuff. It was crazy. AND San Clemente has so many hills. Some that I would classify as small mountains. And we rode up and down those hills all day, talking to people, and visiting people. It was great. We ended the Day at a Resturante named EL Jefe, with some Tacos de Lengua! Elder Halling, (I just call him Primo), had never tried them before, so I insisted that we go get some, and they were great! I love tacos de lengua. Anyways, at the end of the day, I went back with Elder Sorensen, and he was asking me how it was, and I was telling him how tired I was, and I realized how much I enjoyed it! In the moment, I can't say I was the happiest guy, but being completely exhausted for doing something good, is probably one of the best feeling in the world. I think that s what makes missionary work so rewarding. Its great!

 Also! We set a Baptismal date with Maria for this next Sunday! Sadly, I wont be here to see it happen, but it was great teaching her, and being able to see the changes in her life. Missionary work is the best!

I hope everything is going well back home! Love you all!


Con amor,


Elder Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment