California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Hola!!



Hola!

   This week was great! Its been hard to adjust to being a zone leader now. There is so much more time now planning trainings and going to meetings and all sorts of stuff. In fact, we have a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy coming to visit our mission this next week, and all the zone leaders have to do a little return and report of our zones, and what's working and what we could be doing better, and all sorts of stuff. So, Elder Wilkerson and I have been doing that. Also, another thing that has been tough on me is trying to help all the missionaries with their own problems that they've been facing. I don't know, but being a zone leader has definitely put me way outside my comfort zone.
    This week was also a little hard because, despite our best effort, no one came to church this week. We have about 3 or 4 investigators that we're working really closely with, and none of them seem to want to act. And its super frustrating.  My comps and I were talking this week about why missions are so hard, and what we thought would be hard before getting into the field. I thought that maybe it would be hard to wake up at 6:30 everyday and get right to work. One of my companions thought that it would be hard teaching, and the other one was scared to learn Spanish, but we decided that we get adjusted to those things, and the hardest thing about missionary work is watching other people, people you love, make the wrong choices. Whether it is investigators, members, or missionaries. It is the hardest thing. But, the joy that comes from watching and being an active part of someones progression is the best thing I've experienced in my whole life. And I think, to some degree, that's why Heavenly Father asks us to serve missions. He also teaches us, little by little, to become more like him.
   I'm so grateful for all the blessings that we enjoy because of this gospel. I know it is the Only true and living church on the face of the earth. We have a Prophet in this day that guides us, and receives revelation. Jesus Christ is the head of the church and he is our savior. He gave his life for us so that we can keep trying. So we can Repent. So that we can overcome troubles, trails, and fears. He has felt what we feel, and what we're going to feel, and everything in between. We live the way we do, as Members of this church, because we love the Lord. We love Heavenly Father. We love this Gospel. We love the Church. We love the commandments. We walk by faith, and not by sight. I know that these things are true. I know that Heavenly Father will continue to pour out blessings upon us as we continue to live up to our covenants. As we qualify for those blessings. I love this plan. I love Missionary work. My advice to anyone who does not feel this way about these things, is to go and live the gospel. That's what it takes. I love you all, and I hope you all have a great week this week!

Con muchisimo amor,

Elder Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment