California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Monday, April 27, 2015

We are called to do our best and the Lord does the rest!!



Hola!

  This week was a really good week! I cant remember much that went bad this week, so that's always a good sign! Our Investigator Jose is progressing really well, and to be honest, He's more of one of our really close friends now. Like, he loves having us over to talk, and chat, and teach him English and the gospel, and its great. I think that's how missionary work should be. Becoming friends with people, and having them WANT you to come over because they like having you there. It's great.
  My companion and I have started doing Yoga every morning. Hahah That's a fun new change that's happened. We just decided to try something new, and change things up, and yoga was what we decided. This morning, we actually had another companionship from our same apartment complex join us this morning for some Yoga! Haha it was funny. we couldn't stop laughing.
   This week, we went down to the Marine Base again to help out with their LDS sacrament service. And it was great! This guy talked that just returned from his mission in the Philippines, and He said some things that I really liked. He was talking about how on his mission He'd get discouraged because he felt like his calling was to big for him to actually accomplish. I have felt this way a lot on my mission so far, I guess sometimes a feeling of inadequacy follows church calls like this, and He said that he slowly learned that He was just called to do his best, and to give his all. Even if his best wasn't good enough. And when that happens, the Lord does the rest. He also mentioned that "Meekness was never Weakness". I feel like we often confuse the two, just by outward appearance. Meekness is an attribute that the Savior had when He was on the Earth, and We know the Savior was the very opposite of weak. He was, in fact, The strongest and bravest Man that has ever lived. And I believe being Meek played into that. I am so grateful for the Saviors Grace which so often carries me, and helps me. I hope everyone has a good week! I love you all!

Con amor,

Elder Dallin Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment