California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Monday, March 2, 2015

What a fantastic week!!!




Hola!

  This week has been great! Especially last night! We had two baptisms, Vicente and Genaro! They are brothers, Vicente is 19 and Genaro is 11. I met them some of the first couple weeks I was here and we started teaching Vicente and even set a baptismal date with him for the 3rd or 4th week of December. But when we went to his house 2 days before his Baptism, he was in Tijuana, Mexico! And he ended up staying there for a month and a half or so. But during that time, we started talking with his family more, and became pretty good friends with his Brothers, Genaro and Alex. Genaro is actually really good friends with Kevin and Jaime, so that made it really easy for him to come to church because he already had friends there! I got transferred out of the Area so I only really saw them at church, but then Elder Corcus and Elder Lefevre told me that they had baptismal dates and I was literally jumping up and down in my apartment! Hahaha it was great! So they were baptized last night! I had the opportunity to baptize Genaro, and it was probably one of the best feelings I've ever had in my life. After the Baptism, Vicente came up to me and told me that he is going to go on a mission and that he is going to start preparing to go.
  
I don't know exactly what it's going to feel like in Heaven when we get to see all those people we love and have missed while they were gone, but I can bet anything that it's going to feel something like I felt last night. There is nothing better then seeing somebody make those sacred covenants with Heavenly Father. This work is true and I'm so thankful that the Lord sent me here to Southern California to help find these two Brothers. I hope everyone has a good week!! Love you all!

Con muchisimo amor,

Elder Dallin Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment