California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Monday, March 30, 2015

Temple is the Goal!



Hola!   (week of 17th-23rd of March)


 This week has been really good! It's been another hard week, but a really rewarding one too. I'm just going to go through some of the highlights of this week real quick:

1. We got to be a part of the Swallows day parade in San Juan and march in it like the Mormon Battalion. It was really hot, and really kind of disgusting because we were following right behind the horses, but that's okay. It was all in all, pretty fun, because people usually don't get to be apart of parades on their missions. Haha

2. Elder Wilson and I were looking through a ward directory list and found a man that neither of us knew, but it said he lived in San Clemente, and so we called him, and he told us that he would love to meet with us, and so we set a time to go meet at the church and talk about what we could do to help him start coming back to church. When we got there, he was dressed up in a shirt and tie and he told us that he had wanted to come back to church for a while, but didn't feel he was totally invited and he had been praying that someone would reach out. Turned out all he needed was a phone call, and a nice talk, and he has started coming back to church. His name is Virgillio. I know that we were prompted to call him, and that he was ready to come back. Cool experience.

3. We got to go to the Temple with a couple who we have been working with. Their names are the Familia Hastings. He is American but he served a mission in Atlanta Georgia Spanish Speaking, and he met his wife on his mission and went back and married her. And she is from Mexico. But they really only speak Spanish, and all their little kids only speak Spanish, so that's cool. They live on the Marine base in San Clemente, so we get to go down there to visit them. They are both endowed but still haven't been sealed. But they are planning on getting sealed this July. When we were talking with them about being sealed, I remembered that there was a ward temple trip on Saturday and I felt I should invite them, SO I invited them, but they told me that every time they tried to go to the temple together, something comes up and they can't go. In fact, they told me that they had never been to a session together. When they told me this, I looked at my companion and I could see that he was feeling the same thing I was, And so, I promised them, as a Representative of Jesus Christ that if they committed on going to the temple on Saturday, nothing would come up and that they would be able to go. Saturday came, and they were able to go, and Elder Wilson and I were able to go with them and do a session in Spanish. It was one of the most spiritual experiences of my mission. The Temple truly is the House of God. Families are sealed for eternity there. And I can't wait for this family to make that step in being sealed.

Hard, but good week. I love the people in my area, and I love my ward. The work is progressing!

I hope you all have a good week! I love you!

Con amor,

Elder Dallin Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment