California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Monday, March 16, 2015

Put your shoulder to the wheel!!



Hola Familia!


    I'm very happy to be writing you! I hope everything is going well at home, and that everyone is happy and healthy! Everything is good here in California! But it's been really hot these past couple of days! Like in the 100's. But when we're down working in San Clemente, we get a nice ocean breeze and it keeps it pretty cool, I feel bad for everyone up in Mission Viejo though! The bad news is I'm probably going do end up there during summer.. :( Hahaha But that's okay! "I'll go where you want me to go" Right? Even if it means I'm so sweaty that I have to carry two extra shirts with me every where I go. Hahahaha I hope that's not the case, but we'll see!
    This week has been really tough! Elder Tellez got transferred up to Newport, so now it's just Elder Wilson and I working down in San Clemente. Elder Wilson is fluent in Spanish because  he went to a bilingual school when he was growing up. So he's been helping me a lot, and my Spanish has been getting much better. We set 3 baptismal dates with some of the Ramirez Brothers this week! We set one with Luaro, he's 30, Roberto, He's 24, and Jose, He's 27. They really liked the Plan of Salvation. It really is the plan of happiness, and when we teach it as the Plan of Happiness, it really touches home. It was a great lesson, and I hope they keep progressing this week and get ready for their date on the 26th of April!
    This week, the line "Put your shoulder to the wheel" took on a whole new meaning. This really is Missionary WORK. It's fun, and it's definitely rewarding. But it is some of the hardest work I've done in my life.There has been a lot of rejection this week, so that makes it a little bit harder, but we also had a couple great lessons with the Ramirez family and found a couple new investigators. It's weeks like this that I can feel the Lord's hand in my life even more. I can't explain it, but when we get up in the morning to go work, I feel completely re-motivated. Even if I went to bed completely defeated and exhausted. I'm so happy to be on a mission. And I'm happy to hear all my friends are getting their mission calls! It's super exciting! Missions can be life changing. Thank you for all your prayers, I hope everyone has a good week!! Love you!

Con muchisimo amor,

Elder Dallin Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment