California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Christ Changes Men, and Changed Men can change the World.



Hola Familia!!

   Wow. This week has been the toughest week of my mission. Lots of different reasons, but mostly it is just growing pains. This week we received a third companion Elder Wilson! He's great! He is super funny and is fluent in Spanish already, so we've been having some great language studies and I feel like my Spanish has improved faster this past 4 days then they have my whole mission so far!
   We have a couple investigators right now. We have been teaching this guy named Jose, and he is really cool. He is part of the Ramirez Family, (The family of tons of Brothers), and he's one of the only ones that keeps commitments. So he's been coming to church and he has been progressing really well. I am really excited for him, but baptism might be a couple months away. His Brothers like to sit and listen when we are teaching him, and a lot of times they ask questions, but they don't ever come to church with us or anything, so that can be frustrating. Really, they are our only investigators right now. Sometimes I feel like we do everything we can and we still don't have success, but I have a testimony that when you put in the hours of devoted service, Heavenly Father will take care of you. I don't necessarily know how He is going to do it, but if we continue being obedient and working hard, He'll help. He always does, and He always will.
   Another really cool thing that happened this week was yesterday! Vicente and Genaro got confirmed in Sacrament Meeting and their whole family showed up! Including his Mom and Sister! The sister missionaries for our ward have been teaching Vicente's sister Venessa, and now she has a baptism date for the end of this month. I love that family. And I hope this Gospel changes their lives.
  Speaking of change. I've been thinking a lot about it. When I started my mission, I didn't want to change. I really didn't want to. I was scared that I was going to lose my personality or something selfish like that. I remember trying to be the same "Me" I was when I left. I was so wrong. So so wrong. I've realized that this Gospel is about changing, and more specifically, it's about changing for the better. Learning from mistakes, learning from challenges, and adjusting to them. I began to ask myself everyday, "In what ways am I shrinking or holding back?". I learned that it's not about me. It's about becoming who Heavenly Father wants me to be, or maybe needs me to be. This week has been the hardest week of my mission because my patience is being stretched, my endurance is being stretched, and my trust in Heavenly Father's plan for me is being tested. But I get motivation from Elder Maxwell's words, "Consecration is not a shoulder shrugging acceptance, but instead a shoulder squaring, to better bear the yoke". I love you all, and I hope you have a great week!

P.s. Happy Bridingus David!!

P.s.s. Good Luck Blake!!

Con amor,

Elder Dallin Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment