California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Monday, November 24, 2014

"Walk with gratitude in your hearts" - President Gordon B. Hinckley

Hola!!

     This week has been really fun! And kind of hard, but you kind of forget about the hard parts as the week goes on. Everything is good here in California! The weather is usually up in mid 70's and its just perfect. But I did hear that it gets a little hot during summer. There is only 2 weeks left in the transfer, but they usually keep the greenies in their training areas for two transfers so I will most likely stay in San Juan. Which is okay, I like it here.
    
Happy Birthday Janaye!!!! I sent you a letter and I think it should be arriving this week.. I'm still not sure about how long it takes for things to get here and there.
    
A miracle that I wanted to share with you this week happened yesterday. My companions and I have not been having that much success with the people who live in La Zanja. They don't keep commitments and it is so irritating because they don't understand the blessings that Heavenly Father would give them if they would just take some time to pray or read their scriptures or come to church! But this week we focused on inviting people to come to church, and when I woke up yesterday morning, I had a very strong impression that I needed to fast for 9 specific people that we have been teaching, and in my prayer when I opened my fast, I asked Heavenly Father if he could soften the hearts of those people that they can see the importance of coming to church, and help build that desire in them. I then went throughout my Sunday morning, accompanying my companions to several Zone Leader meetings and what not, and when we got to church, every single one of the people I mentioned in my prayer, except for one, was there in the chapel. And they all stayed all 3 hours!! After the meeting, they expressed to My companions and I how much they enjoyed it, and how they are excited to come next week.
     
Sometimes I feel like my words can't express the way I feel very well, and this might be one of those times, but I know that The Lord hears prayers. And I am so very grateful for that. When I got home from church, I went into my room and fell on the floor and thanked our Heavenly Father for hearing me. I am so thankful for this gospel, and the hope it brings. During this Thanksgiving time, let us remember to give thanks, not only for the temporal things, but the things that are so infinite and Eternal. Let us to remember to be grateful for The Saviors Love and His Atonement. Remember that without him, we do nothing. But with Him, and because of him, We can live forever with our Father in Heaven. Thank Him for your loved ones, thank Him for your friends and families.

"Let a spirit of Thanksgiving guide and bless your days and your nights. Work at it. You will find it will yield wonderful results".
-Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

I love you all, and I wish you a great week!

Elder Dallin Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment