California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Monday, November 10, 2014

Success!!

Hola!

Wow, this week has been awesome!! Well, first of all, we had two baptisms this week!!! It was really cool to be there. They were both yesterday night. One was a man named Rueban, and he was homeless and the most humble man I've ever met. He is as Elder Holland described in his General Conference talk a couple weeks ago, "Poor in heart and poor in spirit". But he will be a great member of the church, and I can feel his faith. The other person was a lady named Nafis, and she is an awesome example of faith because she was living with her Boyfriend, Imner, who is kind of a punk, and when she heard about the Law of Chastity, she told him, "Marry me or get out". hahahaha it was great! So, he moved out, and she got baptized! Their baptismal service last night was a great reminder of why i'm hear, BUT the ultimate goal is the temple, so we'll keep working on that.
   
 Another crazy thing happened yesterday! We were sitting in Ward Council and one of the speakers turned out to be sick............. SO, Bishop Hennings, (Who is the coolest guy ever, he is just basically a surfing hippy), looks at me and asks me to speak in sacrament meeting.... in 5 minutes.. in Spanish. I accepted and remembered all the times when people told me that this would happen to me on my mission. BUT, I just thought, "Well, sometimes you just gotta go for it". So that's what I did, and I hope gave an awesome talk. I just read Alma 22:16-18, and talked about faith and acting on faith, acting with diligence, and acting as the Savior would. People kept telling me that my accent is perfect and that I don't sound like a greenie at all! But I think that is from talking in a Spanish accent with Joe all the time haha.

I'm so happy to be serving the Lord. It is not easy. At all. It takes 100% effort, every waking moment. And motivation often doesn't last... but neither do showers, that's why we recommend it daily. Just remembering that this is my life now, this is where the Lord wants me, needs me, and called me, helps me to keep motivated. I've been thinking a lot about what makes a missionary successful. And I've decided that you need to:
1. Understand who called you.
2. Know why you're here.
3. Understand Urgency
4. Be teachable
5. Love the people.
6. Don't be stoppable.
7. Go to work.
8. Sacrifice, sacrifice, sacrifice.


These are things I have to work on everyday. But I see these qualities in my Companions. And they are helping me become so much better then I ever thought I could be.
   Well, that is my letter this week. I love you all, and I hope everyone is healthy, safe, and happy.

Con muchisimo amor,
Elder Dallin Fuell
A place called Top of the World

California is beautiful

Just down from our Church

No comments:

Post a Comment