California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Monday, November 17, 2014

THY WILL BE DONE!

Hola Mi Familia!

This week has been fun and hard! I'm so happy to be apart of the Lord's work. My companions tell me that my Spanish is coming along, but I'm having a hard time seeing any progress. We've been teaching a man named Martin, he only speaks Spanish and he's really nice. He has been super receptive to our message because his Mother just passed away. He quit drinking coffee and he's making some real progress, so I am very excited about that.

     I went on exchanges with the District Leader on Tuesday. His name is Elder Wieler and he is from Georgia! He is super cool and he loves basketball, so we talked about that a lot haha. He is probably one of the most obedient missionaries I've ever met, and because of that, he has a lot of success. I really look up to him. During exchanges, some Jehovah's witnesses knocked on the door of my companions in San Clemente, hahaha and my companions tried to share the happy message of the restoration with them... but sadly, they were not very receptive to the message. I heard it was pretty funny.

    This week, I've been thinking a lot about faith.  I realized, that sometimes we don't exercise enough faith, or we exercise faith in the way that we want. In a talk by David A. Bednar, He was describing how a young man had cancer and he needed a blessing. And He told David A. Bednar that he had sufficient faith to be healed, and David A. Bednar responded, "Do you have the faith to not be healed"? Do we have enough faith to accept whatever the Father's will might be? Already, in these two months that I have been out, I have seen that when we accept the Father's will and commit to, "Thy will be done", we become more like the Savior. There are times that I wonder why the Lord wanted me to serve a mission, there are times when I wonder why I accepted my call, there are times when I wonder why we have to go visit "just one more house" even though he's just going to yell and throw a beer bottle at us. And it's because "Thy will be done". This Church is true. Put your faith in the Lord, accept his will. The trials we face are what moves us from YOUR Comfort Zone to HIS Miracle Zone. I love my mission so far, and I wouldn't trade these experiences for anything. I miss you and I love you. I hope everyone has an amazing week!

Con Amor,

Elder Dallin Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment