California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Busy Week!!

Dana Point Harbor Marathon.  I like my hat!!


We went and provided service at a marathon @ Dana Point Harbor
This lady is a miracle.  She prayed to find Mormon missionaries because she needed help moving some of her storage and she couldn't hire anybody, and the next day, she felt prompted to drive in a certain apartment complex, and my comps and I were leaving out apartment. She came running up to us, and it freaked us out because people don't normally do that. And she was yelling that God answered her prayers, which honestly freaked me out a little bit more.   haha. She told us the story, and we helped her out. The missionary that has his arm around me is Elder Fetuani. He's from Tonga. He's super cool. 



Weekly Letter-



Hola!

This week was really busy! We had a lot we had to do and a lot we are doing. For Thanksgiving we were invited to two dinners and they were both really good and fun.  I'm sure we were more stuffed then most of the Turkeys. It was Elder Corcus's first Thanksgiving.. He didn't quite understand what we were celebrating for, but he enjoyed himself.
     The reason this week has been really busy is because we picked up a new family that we've been teaching. There is a single Mom, Fransisca, and she has 4 boys... sound familiar Dad?? hahah. One of the boys is CRAZY. But the rest are all pretty well behaved. The oldest one's name is Kevin, he is 14. And his Brothers names are Jaime, he's 12. Mark is 9, and Ethan is 6. We just met the boys at the park and started playing around with them, and they dared Elder Corcus to do 15 pull-ups on the Monkey bars and he said that if he did 20 they had to come to church. They agreed, and he ended up doing 21!  It was pretty funny. So they came and they really liked it. And the other day, I was talking to Kevin and I said, "Kevin, your new haircut makes you look like a missionary", and he looked at me very seriously and said, "I really want to go on a mission Elder Fuell, can you show me where to sign up?" I told him that he needs to keep coming to church and we'll help him go on a mission, but that just is an example of how ready this kid is to hear the Gospel. Hopefully we'll have a baptismal date set by next week and he'll get baptized this month.
     Some things that I've learned this week are that God knows Infinitely more then we do, and we need to trust in his timing. Sometimes it's hard to remember that we don't know everything,  We can be quick to forget the Lord when things are going well for us, and slow to remember him when we might need his help the most. The words of the Sacrament Prayer have been ringing through my head, "always remember Him". We covenanted to always remember him. I don't think I realized how sacred Covenants are until I went through the temple. But now, I see how sacred covenants are, and how magnificently important it is to "Always remember Him". One of my goals this week is to work on that, and because I'm a missionary, I can't share a spiritual thought without extending an invitation, SO, I would like to invite anyone and everyone reading this letter to try to Remember Him more, and to remember Him better. By doing so, you'll find more meaning in the daily mundane tasks, you'll find more motivation throughout your week, and more importantly, you'll find Him and His Atonement strengthening and sustaining you. I have a testimony of these things, I know they are true.

I love you all, and I hope you have a good week!

Con Amor,

Elder Dallin Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment