California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

"I believe in Christ, so come what may"



Hola mi familia!

   I hope all is well in the Fuell household! I know it can be hectic around this time of year, but I pray that we can remember the Savior of the world, and that our thoughts can be consistently directed towards him. He literally is the gift to the world. I can feel his Infinite Sacrifice everyday as I struggle with the Language, as I pray for forgiveness, and as I am trying to share that gift with all who will listen. This really is HIS church, and we are HIS disciples.
 
    This week has been great!! I love it when we can see the blessing of our sacrifices. This week has been tough, and I needed to really dig deep and dust off my own, personal title of Liberty, so to speak. And as I recommitted to those reasons why I am out here on my mission, Miracles started to occur. We have 3 baptismal dates set now!! Kevin and his Brother Jaime are set for the 4th of January, and Vicente is set for next Sunday. These young men have been prepared by the Lord to be baptized. They are the most courageous young men I have ever met, and I wish I could be more like them. They truly are some of the 2000 stripling warriors, in the modern day. I am so blessed to know them and to be able to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with them. We are still working with Vicente's younger Brother Genaro, He is good friends with Kevin and Jaime, so he enjoys coming to church and he is a really good boy.

    The reason for the title of this letter is because I've found a lot of strength from this simple phrase lately. I had the opportunity to go out to lunch with a member of my mission presidency, his name is President Ellis. He is a really cool guy. He was the Vice President of Callaway Golf Company, and he helped design the first ever full sized Driver called "Big Bertha" or something like that, I cant really remember. But we'll just say that he is blessed with the material things of the world. Because of how much money he was making, he decided to take 10 years off of work to help raise his kids, so he did that! So he's just a really cool guy! But he told us a story at lunch about how he went on a humanitarian project to Peru, and when he was there he met a man who was a member of the church, who couldn't read or write, but he described him as "The most faithful member of the Church he had ever met." And he said, that what he concluded was, is that the Gospel is SO simple, that even a man that cannot read, or write, could make it to the celestial kingdom. I love that. This Gospel is SO simple. And for me, It boils down to this simple line that comes from a hymn, "I believe in Christ, So come what may." I bare witness to you all, that this Gospel is true. It is simple, and it is true. Jesus Christ is our Savior. And we are those who he saves, after "all we can do." I pray that we can all have the faith of that Peruvian man. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Con amor,

Elder Fuell

P.s. Talk with you on Thursday!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment