California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Monday, March 28, 2016

South Coast Rules!!

Saying goodbye to Elder Holland (2nd from right).  He has some medical issues and hopefully will be returning soon.




Hello Family! and others who might end up reading my email!

Dave! That's awesome you got your call! Columbia will be awesome! And Spanish is probably the best language every invented! So, that will be nice. I'm super pumped for you! 
   
This week was really sweet! For reals. I'm not just saying that. The South Coast ward is awesome! It covers a little part of Costa Mesa and a little bit of Santa Ana and in parts its pretty run down.  I love the area. The ward is awesome. We have lots of Polynesians and Hispanics, but its an English speaking ward. Another thing that's really cool is that Elder Ashton's trainer is from Tonga and so he LOVES Polynesians. And they love him. And I love all the Hispanics.. but I don't know if they love me yet. Haha, but they're great! 

Something insane happened yesterday too! It was our first Sacrament meeting in the Ward, and right when I walked in, one of the members that we had already met, who knew I spoke Spanish, told me that there was a family visiting our ward from Peru, and they didn't speak much English, so I went and talked with them for a while. They were really nice and were just visiting to go to Disneyland and then go over to General Conference soon. Sacrament started and we went and sat down. After all the speakers were done, there was a little bit of time left and the Bishop asked that all the missionaries that were transferred into the ward come up to bare their testimonies and introduce ourselves. This isn't even a surprise anymore. Its happened to me so much. Hahah I always have a thought ready now. But when I stood up and started talking, I felt an impression that I should bare part of my testimony in Spanish for this Peruvian family in the back. So, I did! It felt great to bare my testimony over the pulpit in Spanish again. After Sacrament was over, I went over to say thank you to that family. The Father came up and gave me a big hug and got a little emotional and told me that he knew that Heavenly Father was pleased by the way I was serving.. and obviously that made me get a little emotional. He then told me that I taught him a lesson on following the spirit. I didn't really know what he meant by that, but then he pulled out a little piece of laminated paper out of his pocket and it was signed 3 people. Thomas S. Monson, Henry B. Eyring, and Dieter F. Uchtdorf. On the top it said, "El Quorum de los Setenta". I was like, "Wait, What?" So apparently he's in one of the Quorums of the Seventy down in Peru headed up here for General Conference. And he felt like they needed to be in the English Ward today even though there was a Spanish ward that met in the same building. It was awesome. He then wished me luck on the rest of my mission and then left with his family. And the crazy thing is, I never got his name!!! Hahah I don't know how we missed that topic, but we did! It was an awesome experience anyway. The rest of church went great and the rest of the day was FULL of miracles. Well, that's my experience for this week. I hope you all had a great Easter Yesterday! Love ya!

Con amor,

Elder Fuell 

1 comment:

  1. We miss you in Northwood ward! I signed up to have the elders for dinner the night before Michael's missionary farewell, expecting it to be you and Elder Ashton. I was disappointed that you weren't there to hear his talk on Sunday, but he did great. He's been going to the temple a lot, and I took him to San Diego and Los Angeles temples this week during my spring break. Elder Fuell, you have been extremely instrumental in helping my son prepare for his mission, and I am eternally grateful for you. Thank you, and I hope we can see you before he leaves on April 13.

    Beth Vance

    ReplyDelete