California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Monday, November 16, 2015

Yokwe and Hola!!!



Heyy!!!!
  SO I got transferred on Tuesday! I am no serving in Newport/Costa Mesa area as a Zone Leader in English Work! I'm in the College Park ward, but I'm also serving in a Marshallese Branch!! Hahaha So, I'm trying to learn Marshallese right now, but its quite different from Spanish! But I'll probably get the hang of it sooner or later! My companion's name is Elder Putnam! He arrived in the mission the same day as me, but I have a little longer on the mish (mission) then he does because I was in Mexico for 6 weeks. He's great! He's from Boise, Idaho. And He's 19 years old. Our zone is huge compared to Spanish work!! We have about 25 missionaries, and in Spanish we were at about 12 or 13. There are a lot of new things I have to do! Also, we live in Irvine with The Assistants, and that means I get to live with Elder Corcus for his last transfer!!! I think that was a tender mercy because I haven't been able to see him much when I was serving in Spanish. He's been one of my closest friends on the mission and I really hope everything goes well for him when he goes back to Bolivia.
    This week was also really great missionary work wise! We set 3 baptismal dates last night with a Hispanic family! I was able to talk to them in Spanish a little bit and that was great! The Mom and 2 of her kids will be getting baptized on the 12th of December. We hope that her husband will be able to get work off here soon so he can get baptized as well! They are great! Also, we have another investigator named Gloria who is progressing really well, and we hope to set a date with her in the weeks that are coming.
   I thought that getting transferred to English work was going to be really tough on me, but its been great! Americans are a lot more rude then Latinos, but I guess that's just how it goes. I love working with The Marshallese branch though! They are so humble and soooo nice. I've only picked up a couple of words so far, but I want to be able to hold a conversation by the time I get transferred out of here! I love missionary work! And I hope you all have a great week!
Con mucho amor,
Kommol ta ta,
Elder Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment