California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Monday, November 30, 2015

Busy!!



Yokwe and Hola!!

 This week flew by! We were on exchanges almost all week this week! I think Elder Putnam and I were only together for about 2 full days! Lots of exchanges! I'm learning the area better now and I'm getting better at speaking English to people. haha which sounds like a joke, but it was a real struggle at first. I still cant hardly spell.. But that's alright. My Marshallese is still really bad! Hahah I know just a few basic phrases, like, "I'm very hungry". "Hello, I'm doing well", and "They call me the great white chief". Haha People like that one. But I love working with the Marshallese group. They are great! We also get to travel out to Tustin and to Huntington beach because the Marshallese group covers out there! Its really great.
  
We haven't been able to get a hold of Collin since last Monday because he works so much, but I hope that's not the end of the miracles. :) We also have a family of 3 on date for the 12th of December!

Something I've learned this week is how important it is to give correction and constructive feedback when it is needed. Being a Zone Leader is really hard because you want to be nice and fun, but when Missionaries are being disobedient, you also have to be the ones that talk with them and help them. I was talking to President Orgill how that's been hard for me, and he told me that when its done with love and with a eternal perspective, it wont feel like they're being corrected or called out, it will feel like they're being loved.   That's something that I need to work on more, and I've had a couple opportunities to do that in the past couple days, and I am so thankful for that advice!

OH! And Thanksgiving was great! We had two dinners! One with a Marshallese family, The Mackroros, and one with an English family, the Browns and the Blairs.  It was great! We ate lots.
Anyways, I hope you all have a great week! Love ya!
Con amor,
Elder Fuell


LAST WEEKS EMAIL>>>>>>>>>
11/23/15



Hola, Yowke, and Aloha!
  It was such a great week this week! And it flew by! Which is kind of a shame because it was so good, but that's alright, next week is coming real fast! The Marshallese group had a baptism this Saturday. A young guy named Dominik. He's super cool! He's 18 and has a really strong testimony about keeping the commandments! I was able to talk in the Marshallese group yesterday! But they let me do it in English. Haha and that was fine with me. I spoke on Obedience. I love obedience. Its such a blessing to be able to be obedient and receive the blessings that come from that. It was like an Ether 12:27 moment for me, being obedient used to be one of my biggest weaknesses. Especially before the mission, but I can say now, that its one of my biggest strengths. I may not be the best teacher, or have the gift of tongues, but I can always choose to be obedient and I think Heavenly Father has blessed me and my companions with a lot of success because of it. I wish I could help all missionaries and all people understand that. Anyways, sorry for that tangent.
   This week, Elder Putnam and I decided that we needed to set some time to go tracting and contacting. We've been teaching a lot and we decided that we need to have more of a balance. So on Wednesday night, we planned to go contacting from 6 to 9. I was just joking around and I said, "Lets call is Miracle time!". So we labeled it miracle time in my planner, and so did he. That day was full of meetings. We had a Zone training meeting, and a Christmas initiative kickoff. and that took up until 5 o'clock. We ate some dinner, and we were out the door to contact. Traffic was really bad, and it took us about 40 minutes to get to our area. Elder Putnam felt prompted to go to a certain neighborhood, and I was cool with it because I don't know the area very well haha, so we went and I offered the prayer so that we could have the spirit. In the prayers, I told Heavenly Father that we planned miracle time and that we were ready to receive, if it was his will. And then, we started knocking doors. First one, No one home. Second one, no one home. Third one... we couldn't find the door. It was a weird house. And there was a big window with a family sitting at a dinner table, and they were staring at us really awkwardly, so we decided to just move on. But then I felt like we needed to show Heavenly Father we're diligent, so we turned around, and marched back to the house to face the scary awkward family that was probably going to yell at us.. On our way back to the house, we saw a kid walking. We talked to him, and he told us how he knew some kids who deferred a scholarship to play college football to go on a Mormon Mission and he wanted to know why. And then He started to ask us super golden questions about prophets, and other things. So we told him that we'd like to share lesson with him, and he said he'd like that. So we walked to a nearby park, and sat down and started to share the Restoration with him. His name is Collin. He's 18. He was really receptive to the spirit, and we started talking about the Saviors earthly ministry, and he started asking us about repentance and how he could feel clean again. And I felt the spirit prompt me to invite him to be baptized. I was like, "No way spirit! We haven't even taught him about Joseph smith, or the restoration or anything!" And the prompting came back, and I pushed it aside again. And then it came back and kind of slapped me around a little bit, so I invited him to be baptized on the 12th of December. He accepted. We were super excited!!! He started to tell us how he never walks down that street, and he felt like he needed to be outside and all this stuff. We finished the lesson and invited him to pray. He prayed, and the spirit was so strong. When he finished, he was speechless and asked us what he was feeling. We explained it was the Holy Ghost and he told us how amazing it felt. It was sooo cool!! Whoo, that was a lot of typing. Well! That was one of lots of great miracles that happened this week! I hope you all have a great week! Love ya!|
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANAYE!!
Con amor,
Elder Fuell 

No comments:

Post a Comment