California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Monday, June 8, 2015

Busy! Busy! Busy!



Hola!


  This week has been crazy! It feels like it went by so fast because I don't think we even took a second to breath! We've been working literally none stop. We have 3 investigators lined up for baptism this next Sunday, and we've been working really hard with them, and it seems like whenever someone makes the decision to be baptized, Satan starts working on them really, really hard. And its even worse when its a family. So, it seems like we've just been helping them to stay on the path to get baptized this Sunday. They are really excited, and I'm looking forward to Sunday. This last Saturday we also had a baptism for a younger guy named Julio. He's so great. I had the opportunity to interview him for baptism, and it was one of the most spiritual moments on my mission. I know his journey to be baptized started way before this life, I don't think I've ever met anyone more prepared to be baptized. Our ward is really putting a lot of emphasis on Missionary work. And because of that, a lot of work is being done.
   This new area is a lot different then my last area. San Clemente was a hard area because everyone was so chill. I mean, the most common phrase we heard when contacting was "All churches are the same man." or something like that. And it was pretty frustrating. But here in Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, Foothill Ranch, and Lake Forest, we're a little bit further away from the beach, so that attitude isn't as common.
  I had a pretty cool contacting experience this week! Elder Wilson was on an exchange in San Juan, so that left Elder Sorensen and I to take care of the area. So we went contacting in an apartment complex called orange, and we had a goal to contact everyone we saw, so we did! And eventually the security came and kicked us out for soliciting. We assured him that we weren't selling anything and that Salvation was free because Jesus paid the price, as long as you have a broken heart and a contrite spirit, but he wasn't buying it, so we had to leave. Haha After thoroughly contacting the Security guy, we went to a park, and their was a Hispanic guy laying under a tree, so we went and sat down next to him and started talking to him, and He really started bagging on the church, Now, I don't bible bash, but I'm always sorely tempted to give it a shot when someone is acting like that. Instead of bashing with the guy, I bore a solemn testimony of the divinity of the Book of Mormon. I told him that the things he has heard from other people about the Mormon Church doesn't matter to me or my companion, and it shouldn't matter to him, because I have read the Book of Mormon, and I know that it is true, and there is nothing that anybody on this earth could do or say to change that. You can't get that kind of conviction without reading it. So read it. And He accepted a Book of Mormon, and we all left there with a good feeling, knowing that The Spirit was present during that contact. We gave him our number, and we're hoping he'll call us so we can talk more.
  Well, That's my letter for this week! I hope everyone is doing well, and that you all have a great week!!

Con amor,
Elder Dallin Fuell 

1 comment: