California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson



Hola!


 I'm stoked to be writing you guys today!! This week was good! It had a new set of challenges to tackle, and it had some spots where I was really happy, and other spots where I was exhausted, and all sorts of stuff! Haha But that's the life we live as missionaries! 

We've been working with Rodrigo! He is the husband of Berenice, the lady who was baptized a couple weeks ago. We've been working really hard with him and there have been many struggles we've had to help him get over these past 6 weeks, and we are still helping him, but he is progressing, and we've built a really good relationship with him! I love the guy! We're going to try to set a date to get baptized in 2 or 3 weeks!

This week, I've been thinking a lot about trust. Not only trust between us as humans, and friends and family, but trust in God. Thinking logically about it, once we understand our relationship with God, that He is our father and that He loves us, And cries when we cry, and rejoices when we rejoice. That understanding should calm all fears, all doubts, all worries and anxiety. Often, we don't let it. 

The other night, there was something that was bothering me really bad, something that happened with someone that I've been working with here. And I was in bed, and I couldn't sleep, I couldn't stop feeling grieved for this person and the situation that they are going through. It was literally just eating away at me. And I heard a voice tell me to get out of bed. So I got out of bed. (Which isn't an easy task because I'm on the top bunk) and I just stood there for a little bit, kind of confused why I got out of bed, and then I heard it again, telling me to go to my study desk, So I went to my study desk. And I was just in shock about how real this voice was to me. I felt like I could literally hear it , and I sat down in my desk and I just kind of sat there for a second and I looked down and on my desk there was a talk by President Eyring. I don't know how it got there, but I didn't care, at this point, I was kind of sure I was supposed to read it, so I read it and it was exactly what I needed. It talked about waiting for blessings. They come, and we should happily wait for them. It talked about how the spirit can speak peace to our souls when we're going through trails or feel grief. And It was exactly what I needed. It was one of the strangest experiences I've had on my missions, and one of the most spiritual. I know that The Lord loves us. He is watching over us, and He is watching over the people we love. I'm so grateful to be able to tell people That God loves them, and to testify of the restored gospel. I've come to love it. I love being a missionary.

I hope you all have a great week this week!

Con amor!

Elder Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment