California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Monday, May 18, 2015

How Firm a Foundation



Hola!!
Dallin making a face behind Elder Wilson (Dallin's Companion)

  I hope everyone had a good week this week! This week has been kind of bad, but in the learning way, so it actually wasn't that bad when I look back at it! haha.
   Last week on Monday, we went to go teach Jose, and it started out a good lesson, and we asked him if had felt anything while he's been praying or if he'd received an answer on the date he would like to be baptized. And he told us that he changed his mind, and he doesn't want to be baptized and that he appreciated our help, but he didn't want to meet with us anymore. We bore strong testimony to him that the church would make a difference in his life if he'd just allow us to keep stopping by and coming to church and stuff, but he didn't want to hear it. We said a prayer, and then we left. And I felt terrible. I felt like one of my best friends had just told me hit the road.. because he did. We really came to love Jose, and he just dropped us. We went home that night, and I was pretty angry, because we have been working so hard on concentrating ourselves, we have spent so much time praying for this guy, and working with this guy, and he was progressing, and I didn't understand why this had to happen now. So I got down on my knees and started talking it out with Heavenly Father. I told Him what had happened, and why I felt the way I did and I was venting to Him.  As I did this, I felt the impression that we had done exactly what we needed to do and He was pleased with our efforts and to keep doing it. I was reminded that others have their agency, and that this was part of the plan. We were called to deliver the information with the spirit and we did it. I was reminded that this was the Lord's work, and that I am His missionary. It was a very humbling experience and it has strengthened my testimony. Although this story doesn't sound like the happiest story, it was a good opportunity to show where our trust is, to demonstrate faith, to re-commit, re-consecrate, and re-focus. Sometimes the greatest opportunities are disguised as hard work and bad days.
   Yesterday at church we sung Que Firmes Cimientos which is the song How firm a foundation. And it really hit me hard, The 7th verse of the English version of the song is really good, so i wanted to share it with you guys. I hope you have a good week, and I love you all!

The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose
I will not, I cannot, desert to his foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no never, I'll never, no never,
I'll never, no never, no never forsake!

Con amor,

Elder Dallin Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment