California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Monday, May 11, 2015

Adam Fell... but he got right back up.



Hola!


It was great talking to you yesterday! Everyone looked great! Even David! Which was a surprise... (Just kidding Dave.. You're kinda handsome.. but only because you kinda look like me.) Everyone looks just a little bit older and wiser too! Haha. And I hope you had a great Mothers Day Mom! I love you!
   This last week was pretty slow, we did what we could, but at times, I felt like we weren't doing enough, or I personally wasn't following the promptings I was getting, or stuff like that. So I started thinking what Heavenly Father was trying to teach me, Which is one of the new things I'm trying to do instead of getting upset or kind of down on myself, and I while doing that, I stumbled upon a quote, and the quote says, "Adam Fell... But he got right back up", And I love it. If we are to learn anything from Adam's example its what He did after the Garden that made him so great! He was 100% faithful to what He knew was true. He kept moving forward, he didn't wallow around in self pity. He got "right back up", and He went to work. He knew that a Savior would come, he had a testimony, he knew the Plan of Salvation. And he trusted it, and he moved forward. I love these examples that Heavenly Father has placed before us to learn from. Being "The Fourth Missionary" kicks my butt. It's so hard. And to be honest, I fall short of what I feel like I could do everyday, but getting back up, trying again, not giving up, is exactly what I think makes the Fourth missionary so good. That's what makes him a worthy servant the Lord is going to trust. Spencer W. Kimball Said, "With an Eternal Perspective, its not whether we win or lose the fight that counts.. its the way we keep on fighting". I know that is true. Not just with missionary work, but with all aspects of life. I'm so happy to know the great plan of happiness, and have a testimony. I love you all, and hope you have a good week!

Con amor,

Elder Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment