California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

"When you can't do what you've always done, you only do what matters most" -Elder Robert D. Hales



Hola Familia!

Its been a great week! I'll start out by telling a story of how my week started! So, Exactly a week ago, on Tuesday morning, I said to my companion, "Hey, Lets go run in the morning." And my companion, being a distance runner, was very excited about that. So, we went on a run at about 6:20 a.m. and started running down a street, we get about 1 mile down and I'm starting to get tired, and we keep going for about another mile, and I can't seem to find the street that takes us back to our apartment, so we just take a left on a road called Crown Valley Parkway, and started to run up that. I told my comp, "Hey, Elder Halling, I think we're on the wrong road!". Elder Halling also thought that is was a ways back to our apartment, but we both just assumed that we would be fine, and kept running. 3 miles later, we end up at the street called Golden lantern, which is the street our apartment is on, but its a bout a mile back... up a HUGE hill. I was exhausted. We ended up running like 6 or 7 miles. We didn't get back to the apartment until about 7:30, and I have been sore all week. So, I have made a decision that I will not be running with Elder Halling anymore. Hahah he's crazy.
   Everything else about this week has been good! Lots of good experiences, and lots of hard trials. But I've just been thinking about Elder Bednar's talk in the last session of Conference, and how he said he was talking with Elder Hales, and Elder Hales told him, "When you can't do what you've always done, you only do what matters most". It has made me think a lot about what matters most. If I couldn't do, what I've always done, what would I do? If health prevented me from doing all the active things that I love doing, what would fill my time. It also went hand in hand with President Uchtdorf's talk about simplifying the gospel. I love it. Lately, I've been finding a lot of joy in the simple things that we are asked to do. I love reading The Book of Mormon, I love baring my testimony, and I love talking about the Gospel. I guess I could say that If I couldn't do anything else, The one thing I would do is Missionary work. To me, It makes me feel closer to the Savior. It helps me to feel the Spirit. It brings me so much peace and joy.
I hope you all have a great week! I love you!

Con muchisimo amor,

Elder Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment