California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Charity!



Hola Familia!!!

  It's nice to be writing you! This week has been really great and it feels like it flew by. My time in the mission field is flying by and it's beginning to worry me because I still have so much to do! I feel like I just barely got here and I'm hitting 6 months next month! It's crazy. But I'm so happy I am here.
   This week was cool because Jorge, Kevin, Jaime, and Marco got the priesthood!! It has been so cool to witness their progression, and they are some of the most faithful people I know. Marco is really cool. He is in my new area, and he just got baptized about a month ago. He is 19, and the coolest kid ever. We play basketball together all the time, and his cousin Juan, who just returned from his mission in the New York, New York South Spanish speaking mission, is super cool too. They have become some of my best friends here. They are super funny and they love taking the missionaries out for tacos! hahah It's great. I had the opportunity to give the  Aaronic Priesthood to Marco and it reminded me of when I gave Little Woody the Aaronic Priesthood a couple of years ago. It was such a cool experience, and it helped prepare me for my mission. I can see now, that the Lord gave me these opportunities to serve, and use my priesthood, for things that he has prepared for me here. I love this Gospel.
    This week, My focus has been Charity. Trying to have the Pure Love of Chirst, and to see people as we He sees them. I had a really cool talk with my District Leader Elder Weiler on Friday. And we got on the topic of having Charity, and he told me that when we have charity, we begin to see everyone as our Brothers and Sisters, and we love them, and we promised them that we would help them, and that we would bring the Gospel to them. I love that. That has been my motivation, and I found a really cool scripture in D&C 67:10, that I loved. It says" And again, verily I say unto you that it is your privilege, and a promise I give unto you that have been ordained unto this ministry, that inasmuch as you strip yourselves from jealousies and fears, and humble yourselves before me, for ye are not sufficiently humble, the veil shall be rent and you shall see me and know that I am." As we "strip ourselves" of jealousy and fear, and humble ourselves, the veil is lifted. Charity becomes obtainable through being sufficiently humbled. I love that, and I love this doctrine. I hope we can all have a little more charity, and be able to see people as our Brothers and Sisters. I hope everyone has a great week! Love you!

Con muchisimo amor,

Elder Dallin Fuell

No comments:

Post a Comment