California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Transfer and Baptisms!!



Hola Familia!!

   Sorry I didn't write home yesterday, it was Martin Luther King day and all the libraries were closed haha. But I'm happy to be writing you today! I got some news! I'm being transferred today! hahah I don't know where I'm going yet but I will today at about 4 o'clock. My guess is that I'm headed down to open up a new Spanish Area in San Clemente with a Costa Rican Elder named Elder Tellez. He has been out for about 15 months. It's pretty easy to guess where you're going in the Spanish zone because we only have about 16 missionaries, so depending on who got a call that they're being transferred, you can make a pretty educated guess!
    This week was great!! We had 3 baptisms!! Jorge Hernandez, the investigator for 24 years, and Kevin and Jaime Ramirez. They are Brothers and we have been working with them for a couple months now. They are the same kids that we met by Elder Corcus doing pull ups on the monkey bars! hahah The Lord gives us certain talents and he wants us to use them. They have been such a Miracle in my life so far. I'm so happy that I've been blessed with their friendship.
   Man, This week was BUSY. We were getting people ready to be baptized, I've been packing to get transferred. All sorts of things. But it's been great. I would have never thought that I would enjoy working so hard. I'm so happy that the Lord has been able to trust my companions and I with all the success he has given us. When we fully devote ourselves to the Lord's will, we find that he blesses us more. It's that simple. I love the example of King Lamoni's Father in the Book of Mormon. He says that he will "give up all his sins to know thee". That is some of the greatest commitment someone can have. Giving up those things that keep us from the great joy of the gospel is something that everyone has to do sometime. I know that Jesus Christ loves us, and that we wants to bless us. I love being able to tell people that.
  Well, I hope everyone has a great week!! Love you all!

Con muchisimo amor,

Elder Dallin Fuell




No comments:

Post a Comment