California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Monday, January 18, 2016

Great week! Hard week!!



Hola!

 Well, this week was awesome! Lots of things happened that were hard, but we were able to get through it and make some progress in all of the things we needed to do! Like Saturday, for example. We've been trying to work more in the area and find some people to teach. That's really hard in English work by the way. Anyways, we were headed to a lesson with a less active guy named Marc, and we sent him a text and he told us he wasn't home yet. So, we decided that we would go contacting. Well, its "cold" outside, I guess, so not many people were out in the streets. But there was this one lady unloading things from her car, and we introduced ourselves and asked if could help, she accepted our help and we moved a bunch of boxes for her. At the end, I told her that we teach about Jesus Christ and that if she ever needed help, she could ask us. And she was like, "Am I just supposed to wander the streets till I find you? Leave me with a number or something!" Hahah So we did! And we're going to go back with some members of our ward and start to teach her the lessons! After we left, we got a text from her and she told us how much she appreciated the help because her day had been a really hard day. She was really grateful.
   Another great thing is that one of the part member families that we've been working with came to church! Johnny Hung and his family! We've been making some real progress with Johnny. He really seems to like when we visit! Which we're happy about. Also, Elder Cedeno left so now Elder Ashton and I are trying to keep up with our new found responsibilities. We had a 7 hour transfer planning meeting yesterday. Y'all know how I feel about meetings. hahah It was long. But I made it!
This week, once again, I was reminded of the power and authority that comes from living righteously. I am so glad that we have such a strict set of rules as missionaries, it makes it that much easier to call down the blessing and powers of heaven when that's necessary. I'm grateful for President Orgill and the blessing he has been in my life. And I am so thankful to be a missionary.

I hope you all have a great week this week! Love ya!

Con amor,

Elder Fuell

Elder Ashton, Elder Cedeno, Elder Fuell


No comments:

Post a Comment