California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

One week down!!



On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 9:09 AM, Dallin Fuell <dallin.fuell@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Hola Mi Familia!!

Im so happy to be writing home! Mexico city is WILD. I was holding on to the sides while I was riding in the bus from the airport. La CCM (MTC- Missionary Training Center in Spanish) is like an Oasis in the middle of a stinky city. (No offense Joe... jaja) We have palm trees and grass and our own water tower, Its pretty amazing. Ill send you pictures with this E-mail (Sorry-Technical problems). I´ll be straight up honest with everyone, these first few days here were not fun or enjoyable at all. It´s hard work and there is no time to do what you want to do, only what the Lord needs you to do. 

My companions name es Elder Gunther. He´s a pretty nice guy.  Spanish is hard, but I´m getting so much better everyday, Last night I had a two hour conversation in Spanish with a Latino Elder from my Dorm, his Name is Elder Lopez and his companion es Elder Gil and he is from Spain, They are awesome, and I love talking to them. In the CCM there are Dorms y Casas. I live in a dorm with 6 elders, each companionship has there own room but we all have to share a bathroom... -__-. But in la casas, there are like 20 elders in each casa, I think. So I´m happy I´m in a dorm. I was made district leader the second day I was here, so that has been a load of added stress on me but my District it awesome, so its not that hard. 

I´ve met lots of people I knew from like school and stuff like that down here, which was awesome. We have an "investigator" named Alan that we are teaching right now, he´s not a real investigator, but its cool anyway. AND the gift of tongues is real because somehow we were able to commit him to baptism even though we had only been here for 3 days, but I know that it is because the Holy Ghost is not bound by language, his influence can be felt as long as you are willing and ready to receive it. 

The food here is...... not so good, jaja. Mostly because they´re not allowed to bring things in from the outside of our 20 foot, brick, barbed-wire, electric fence, wall. So our food is not so fresh or Mexican. But it´s all you can eat, so I don´t care how it tastes. That is sad about Grandma Smith (A sweet lady that lives in our neighborhood) passing away, she was an amazing lady, but Mom is right, she is having a great reunion on the other side right now, and I´m so grateful for that knowledge. My companion is from Mapleton, Utah. And one of my good friends in my district went to Alta, his name is Elder Monsen. He´s like 6"6´. I hope everything is going well back at home, and I miss everyone like crazy. Be good and pray always.

Exact Obedience is the price
Faith is the power
The Spirit is the key
Love is the motivation
And Christ is the Reason.

I love you all!

Elder Dallin Fuell.

No comments:

Post a Comment