California Irvine Mission

California Irvine Mission

Monday, July 13, 2015

Mission's Rule!!



Hola!
 
Well, This week was probably one of the hardest weeks of my mission, but I've never loved and enjoyed my mission more then this. Funny how that happens.
 I stayed in the Mission Viejo North Area with Elder Sorensen. We are working super hard, and its great! I realized the other day how much I really do enjoy being on a mission. Yesterday, we ran into a very delicate situation with some members that had been offended by something that someone did. As we sat there and listened to them, I couldn't help but think about how the Savior paid the price for all hurt feelings. My companion and I bore very strong testimony that The Son of God himself came to the Earth and suffered every pain and affliction that we could ever possibly feel, and that He did that so he would know how to help us, or like the scripture says "how to succor us". He knew what they were feeling and he laid a down a pathway for us to follow to be able to overcome these hurt feelings. The spirit flooded the room. My companion and I had entered that house kind of scared about what we were supposed to say and do for these members that we loved so much. But we did what the spirit directed us to do, and it was one of the most spiritual experiences I've had in my entire life. The member continued to talk to us, and I had an impression that we should leave her with some scriptures to read. I immediately thought about the Sermon on the Mount. But the one written in 3rd Nephi. I wrote the scriptures down, we said a prayer with her, and left the house. On our way out, we saw some people moving things out of a truck and into a house, and we offered to help.. somehow we got enrolled into a construction project and were soon carrying walls and tiles, here and there, and it was so tiring. But great. After We finished that, we got into the car and had to drive to a meeting, and we were talking about how physically and spiritually drained we were after the lesson and the service that we helped with, but we both felt great, it was exactly what the Lord had planned for us to do. Then, last night, we were planning, and we got a call from that Member who we had taught just like 3 or 4 hours earlier. And she said that as soon as she read the scriptures that we left her, the bad feelings left, and they were replaced by humility and love. Then, not much longer after she had read those, The person who had offended her showed up at her house, and apologized. She told us how grateful she was that The Lord was aware of the things that she was going through. I am so grateful for my calling. I cant begin to describe all the things that I've learned on my mission, but I love being a missionary. Nothing in my life has been as rewarding as this. I don't think I could have said that 2 or 3 months ago. I love this work. And I've been thinking a lot about the quote from Joseph Smith that says, "a religion that does not require the sacrifice of all things never has the power sufficient to produce the faith necessary unto life and salvation."The Lord asks everything from us because that's what it takes. Anything less then that really isn't worth it. Well! I love you guys! And I hope that everyone has a great week!

Con amor,

Elder Dallin Fuell 

No comments:

Post a Comment